10/12/2006

Hooker at WORK??

So today at my work outside the windows where I sit at there was a hooker working the street!! In the middle of the day, in an industrial part of the city? It was really very sad. She looked maybe 17-18 years old. She was dirty ( and not that kinda dirty) but mud and dirt dirty with really stringy long unwashed hair, dirty clothes. She was actually stepping into the street and flagging people down. Then she would ask the guys if they "needed anything"? One of the guys at work here had her stop him last night when he left work at around 6:00 or so and again she talked to him this morning in our parking lot.I really fell sorry for her, but am at a lost on what to do. I have no money (NOT FOR THAT!!) but to just give her as I very seldom carry cash. So we just watched her all morning from our windows as she stopped cars, almost got hit crossing the very busy street and in general gave us something to talk about.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

that's sad...I wonder what her story is...

Nice new updates, by the way.

Anonymous said...

But would have been funny to see you trying to give her money for "food" when Mr. Officer drives up.

Spoke said...

In Vancouver, a few of my friends were "crack whores" to use the all-to-frequent descriptive term for them. They were friends, we enjoyed "normal conversation". They made me aware and angry at the human condition and rampant destructive life choices people make.I saw them as people, not meat or commodities. I suggest you treat her, and others, as a human being. She won't trust you at first, but keep "loving" her. Someone, somewhere along the way never did...
A women that worked hourly, every day on "Lowtrack" in Vancouver, looked forward to our meetings. I'd give her sweets and juice from my lunch, she almost stopped eating altogether, junkies don't do food so much. Every cent earned went towards her "medicine". It's been 6 years since I last saw my pal Naida. I hope she is free...or at least dead.

Knags said...

Cheery...